5 of our Wild Waldrons

5 of our Wild Waldrons
Brock (8), Mikylah (7), Bentley (6), Briscoe (3) and Mileiah (2)

Monday, September 19, 2016

Something wasnt right

Don't forget to subscribe for future posts and vlogs.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt6gIPTIC7OqqYrtHwPUo2A

See what I'm pinning: https://www.pinterest.com/madisonwaldron/

Like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wildwiththewaldrons



All I could do was stare down at the floor covered in blood. In complete shock. I couldn't muster up enough strength to speak.... to scream... I was so weak......  What was happening? This moment that was supposed to be beautiful, natural, tender and quiet.... Had turned into our worst nightmare.....

Back track. I was 37 weeks and 4 days pregnant when I head into my appointment to check on baby. Once there, we found out my midwife felt it best to stir my cervix and get things moving along. I was already dilated to a stretchy 4cm. (predicted birth weight if I went full term was 11+ pounds) So she felt it was in the best interest of me and my little guy to get things moving.

Contractions began that evening. I arrived at the hospital around midnight with contractions about 7 minutes apart. I labored mostly on the birthing ball. 26 hours later at 9:15pm out popped little Baylor Troy Waldron 19.5 inches 7.7 lbs. (That's it?) and a beautiful head of blond hair. Delivery went great. I began pushing at 9 cm and he was out after only 2 pushes.

Overcome with joy as any parent is after the birth of their child we sat there in awe of this beautiful little boy God had blessed us with. About 30 minutes past and my mom and dad said their goodbyes for the evening. Hugh and I ordered dinner and sat in the labor and delivery room joking about how long the labor had been and how small Baylor ended up being.... What do doctors know anyway?

I cuddled Baylor close to me as I nursed him. I began laughing at what my husband had said and when I laughed I felt an odd warm sensation kind of splash my feet tucked under the covers... I ignore it and carry on with our conversation until I let out another little chuckle and this time my legs and feet felt a big splash. Me being a mom of six.... having delivered so many babies thought... oh goodness I tinkled on myself. I mention it to the nurse... she brushes it off as nothing but decided to take a look.... she lifts up the covers just enough to take a peek at what I was feeling and when she saw what was under the covers her face got serious quick... she called a code blue.....I wasn't sure what that meant. Hugh's face went quickly from a prideful smile to pale white. The nurse whisked the baby off to dad, pushed him over to the corner of the room and 15 nurses and doctors rushed into out room. They began laying the bed flat and pressing hard on my stomach..... I began to black out.... every now and then coming too just enough to catch a glimpse of my husband huddled at the foot of the bed with our precious son... the look of pure disbelief all over his sweet face.

Once the main Doctor came to my bedside......All I could do was stare down at the floor covered in blood..... whos blood was that? MINE? Dear Lord.... that's a lot of blood! In complete shock... I was awake but couldn't hear anything.... "why cant I hear you?" I mumbled.... I couldn't muster up enough strength to speak.... to scream... I was so weak......  What was happening? This moment that was supposed to be so beautiful, natural, tender and quiet.... Had turned into our worst nightmare.....The nurses were holding my hands as the two doctors pressed as hard as they could on my stomach to try and get my uterus to contract..... but it wasn't working... with every press more and more blood.  I began sobbing. And finally my hearing came back. I began mumbling  "Do what you have to do.... please don't let me die. My kids...... my kids.... Baylor..... he is so beautiful..... Hugh... I love you...I'm scared..... take care of the kids babe... please don't let me die. They need me. God be with me... my family needs me." At this point one of the younger doctors begins to brief me on possible scenarios. I had an all natural birth so there was no epidural.... The Doctor was warning me.... this is going to hurt. They had to act quickly as I had lost 2.5 liters of blood at this point (that's what the nurse had said) "We don't have time to give you pain medication of any kind so hold your breathe." She performed what I describe as a "manual D&C" to rid my uterus of particles that were lingering. She performed 6 sweeps of my uterus... I blacked out.

My husband tended to Baylor most of the night.... When I came too, I was the weakest I have ever felt. I was so weak it was difficult to breathe and lift my head up. I couldn't look around because anytime I moved my eyes around the whole room would spin. The next few hours were rough. They kept me hooked up to a heart monitor because my heart rate was at a steady 170..... my temp was feverish and I couldn't control my limbs. twitching, shaking and flinching uncontrollably.

I didn't get to count his toes.... his fingers..... admire those sweet little lips.... those first few precious hours were taken from me. But oh! What a blessing to be here now to watch him grow. God was with me through that night along with my amazing husband. The hospital stay was a roller coaster. I wasn't able to be left alone with Baylor because of safety regulations... I had to be monitored constantly so I wasn't able to stay on the maternity/ post partum floor. so Hugh and my mom took shifts staying with me. I had my labor and delivery all planned out in my head and God had a different plan. God is good. Three months out I am feeling much better. I still get dizzy every now and then but am feeling much better.
Baylor Troy Waldron Born July 1, 2016  19.5 inches long and 7.7 pounds





No comments:

Post a Comment