5 of our Wild Waldrons

5 of our Wild Waldrons
Brock (8), Mikylah (7), Bentley (6), Briscoe (3) and Mileiah (2)

Thursday, September 29, 2016

I am a DAY DREAMER.

I remember often as a child sitting around the dinner table with my family (mom, dad and all my sisters) just talking about our hopes and dreams for the future. These are some of my most fond memories growing up because we had mom and dads undivided attention (I was the attention seeking needy child of their brood of 5 girls)...also... it just gave me those warm fuzzy feelings.

My parents would talk to us about our future and what we could become.... where we could travel.... and so I do believe I inherited the day dreaming habit from them. As a parent I have so many dreams for my children. They are so precious to me and I want them to achieve their greatest dreams. We often discuss where we want to be in 2, 5, 10 years as a family and I love including them in the conversation. Setting goals to achieve is something I want to instill in my children. Turning those "dreams" into reality. Now yes they cant own a flying unicorn that poops jelly bellies.... obviously there are some boundaries.

It also sparks their imagination. Kids these days don't use their imagination enough. I love to see the wheels a spinning in their little minds. This teaches them to think outside the box... after all we weren't meant to just work...pay bills.... and die right?

So I have set out on this new little journey of Blogging/Vlogging to achieve one of my many dreams.... It may not ever truly "take off" but that's ok because I am doing it for the pure enjoyment of writing and recording my precious kids lives. Someday Ill be able to look back on these blogs and vlogs and go down memory lane.

 Having dreams isn't always driven by the longing for riches or fame.... traveling, road-schooling, learning to garden triumphantly, wanting to drive route 66, learning to drive a tractor, own a farm, have a dairy cow and make my own cheese, learning to play an instrument....are some of my many dreams none of which will make me rich or famous :). And I will continue to push towards those dreams and God willing be able to achieve them. Don't be afraid to dream a little..... don't lose your dreams to protect your day... What are your child's hopes and dreams? It always makes for an interesting dinner discussion in our house. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment